RE: Wanted: 164 brake vacuum check valve

John Justus wrote:

Does anyone have a good used brake vacuum check valve for a 164 brake
booster
they would be willing to part with at a price?  Mine makes this horrible
squeal when sucking air, kinda of like torturing a small animal or
something.
(not that I have any experience torturing small animals, just my idea of
what
they would sound like if someone were torturing one.)

This is for a 1995, but I think they are all pretty much the same.  Reply
off
digest if you have one.
John, Can you describe when your car does this?  I have an annoying squeal
on my 164 (92 "S" equivalent) when the car is hot and I back off or brake.
Can't seem to Identify what it is, but it does sound like something under
the bonnet (hood) is being tortured.

Kerry Mayes
92 164 QV ("S" equivalent)
Christchurch, NZ - where Spring has arrived in force, daylight saving starts
this weekend and my heart yearns for a spider.

WARNING
=======
The content of this message is intended only for the use of the person
it is addressed to and is confidential and may also be legally privileged.
If this message is not addressed to you, you must not read, use, distribute
or copy this document.  If you have received this message in error please
advise Solid Energy by return email at administrator@domain.elided
and destroy the original message.
Thankyou.