Re: 2.0 L Rev Limit

 I recently installed a rebuilt 2.0 L. twin-spark (1989 from an Alfa 75) in
my '74 GTV.
Having looked up the factory specs on the T.S. engine I found that maximum hp
of 148 is acheived at 5800 rpm. That being said, why would anyone want to
overrev an engine if you know at what rpm maximum output lies? Curious to
know.

Marc Mosko
Hollywood, FL
'74 GTV T.S.
'65 Giulia Spider Veloce
'91 164 S

 I agree with most of you that there is no real gain of revving the engine
past
 6000 rpm. I am happy to learn that we normally don't have to worry about
 hitting 7000 rpm.

 BTW, anybodies have the torque and HP curves of the 2L L-jet injected engine
 (1986) ? >>