85 spider fuse light switch.

BlankJohn,

I had an 86, and now have an 87 spidere graduate. I'm not sure about the 85
fusebox, but both my cars had an automatic switch
on the inside left side of the fuse box door. It's a real piece of Italian
engineering. When you open the door, a metal ball rolls down the switch, which
is upside down when the door is open, and shorts two metal contacts thus
closing the lamp a circuit. Believe it or not, I never had a bulb in the
socket, even in the 86 which I bought new. By the look of the socket it look
like an ordinary spade bulb, like the ones in the side lights, in the bumber.

Take Bruce's advise and carry a mag light.

Proud of my Italian heritage

TonyG (not to be confused with the other Tony)
Pequannock, NJ

87 spider grad

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of Blank Bkgrd.gif]