Re: Good Alfa Service in Santa Barbara

> Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 18:48:14 -0700
> From: Tom Hardy <trh-arch@domain.elided>
> Subject: Good Alfa service in Santa Barbara?
>
> Can anybody recommend a good Alfa service place in Santa Barbara?
>
> Tom H
> 85 Spider (in San Francisco)
> 67 GTV (in Santa Barbara)

Emeilio at A & A Automotive in SB is an Alfa guy.  As I posted separately, I
am buying a 71 Berlina from a gentleman down there. A & A is doing the
engine swap between the 69 GTV that will be the seller's and my new Berlina.
He is also doing related FI set up, head gasket and head work along with a
caster joint on my car.  He has been great on the phone, seems practical but
thorough, and his prices are reasonable.

I have not seen his work personally yet but he is reputed to be very good
and the seller of my Berlina really likes him.  I think the president of the
local club also uses him but I am not sure if I am correct on that.

I pick up my car on October 10 and can report concerning the actual work at
that point.

Cheers,

Steve
--