multiple ownership

It was 1975, and I was 17 when I bought my first Triumph TR-4, a 1963 for
$175.  It needed some work so I drove my Dad's car two towns over to the
nearest Triumph dealership.  As I attempted to purchase some little part I
noticed the labor rate sign on the far wall.  GM automobile labor rates were
about a third of the Triumph labor rates.  They didn't have the part.  I
went that evening to the library and signed out the Chilton's manual.  At
those rates I figured I better learn how to fix it myself.  The dealership
seemed to never have the part I needed, neither did most of the parts
stores, so when a car suitable for a parts car came available I bought that
one too, $75.  The next three TR-4s were too good to pass up or had too much
parts value to let go to the crusher.  A very nice 67 TR4A from some friends
for only $750 since I had done so much work on it for them, a wreck with a
hot motor, Laycock de Normanville (or something like that) electric
overdrive and IRS, from France, ooh-la-la.  I grafted a rear clip from a TR6
onto it.  And then the last parts car for $25, wire wheels, stainless steel
exhaust, and more rust than steel left in it.

I don't know if I will ever use them but I still have a pair of early TR6
seats, some early TR4 hub caps, and some other minor bits and pieces.

Conditions seem similar for many of us Alfa owners now?

Wayne