Water Pump Rookie

I have a sudden nasty grinding/squeaking sound coming from the front end of my engine that I suspect is the water pump bearings (at least I hope it's only a water pump!). No external flood of coolant yet however, wouldn't that be the most common sign of a water pump gone bad?
Since I have never had to replace an Alfa water pump before, and cannot even really see much of it, I was wondering if someone could tell me whether or not the one I found on ebay is for a Spider.

Here is the sellers description:
On the box under the bar code the numbers are: 60624553. on the water pump itself the numbers are: R2948, B 01.

Here is the link (with photo):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1862933197

On the other hand, maybe I really only suspect the water pump because I have had the car for eight years without ever having to touch it. And I live in Dallas, where the coolant stays very hot.
It's getting me downright antsy... fail already!

did I just type that!?

Tony Martie
78 Spider
TM PhotoDesign