RE: Transplate 2.5 into Verde

I believe the statement below regarding the gearbox ratios is incorrect. The Verde has the same 5 gear
ratios as all other Milanos and the '86 GTV6.  (.78,.95,1.23,1.72,2.88).  Earlier GTV6s have wider
ratio, stump pulling  (1.96, 3.50) 1st and 2nd gears. But as far as Milanos are concerned, the 5 gears
are all the same and only the rear ratio varied with the engine.

Having owned both sets of ratios in GTV6s, I prefer the later closer ratios as it makes it much easier
(smoother) to drop down from 3rd to 2nd when heading for the apex and coming off a corner.  I also
find that later gearbox to be more pleasant in everyday stop and go traffic with the taller and closer
ratios. When I had both cars as 2.5s it was noticeable as I jumped from one to the other.

OTOH, I do hear that the stoplight racers prefer the 3.50 1st ratio.... =).    As to rear ends, for my
2 cents, the later ratios mixed with the 3.55 verde rear (as proposed in the original note) would be a
fine combination and certainly more preferable (at least to me) than the wide box with the middle
(3.42) GTV6 ratio.  But as they say.....Variety is the spice of life.

Gerry Lehmann
'86 GTV6 3.0.