RE: Magencore wires

Pete said:

>In short Magnecores are good. :)  Most were using the 8mm
>variety which are cheaper than the replacements sold by Centerline (brand
>unknown).   I did not ask directly about radio noise so I'll hope someone
>jumps on that since I just put a new stereo in the Verde and would be
>interested in that myself.

Well, I have no direct experience (yet) with Magnacore wires, though have heard much good.. as a Ham Radio guy I've been researching radio noise reduction methods.. believe me, it's MUCH more of a problem for Shortwave Ham reception than it is for broadcast AM and FM..

And Magnacore wire comes up a lot in discussion as a decent reducer of radiated ignition noise, along with more traditional supressor types.  It's well thought of though..

The other wire mentioned in an earlier post,  from Aurora Ignition..  http://www.auroraignitionwires.com  seem to be a similar type as the Magnacore.. a low resistance wire with a ferrite or magnetic materiel layer to "shunt out" magnetic fields that otherwise might radiate noise.

I have no idea how the Aurora stacks up against the Magnacore though..  but it looks like a similar design.  Both should be an improvement from solid wires.. and give hotter spark than the non metallic "resistor" plug wires.

Hope that helps..

Jon (aka KA6MOK)
77 Spider