pretty good Alfa day....Castle Hill concours

Hey all-
Last Sunday I dusted off the old '63 Spider and made my 2 hour journey up to the
annual Castle Hill concours at the Crane Estate in Ipswich MA. Astonishingly
beautiful setting for a car show.
I left my house around 7:00 am--surprisingly little traffic on the Interstate
all the way up. Cruised at around 130 km/hr. (a little chilly at 7:00 am with
the top down) Had the pleasure of being passed by a Jag C-type (pilot complete
with goggles!--I love the smell of high octane gas in the morning!!!). Saw a
variety of old cars heading up to the show--old caddies, E-types, M-B's.
Amazingly fun drive. First time in a long time I have actually seen anything
pre-1995 on the road. Oh yeah, the show was pretty amazing as well----an 8c2900,
Monoposto gran prix car, P3 and I think one other significant Alfa. There were a
handful of Alfas on the lower lawn as well--the AONE club was well represented.
Weather was fantastic--all in all a great Alfa day. If you haven't been to
Castle Hill--put it on your calendar next year---well worth it!

-JT