Re: Spark plug fouling: spider

I had the same problem with the Lodge plugs.  Replacement with Bosch
Platinum +4's solved the problem.  I've put about 40k miles on my '84
spider since switching to Bosch plugs, with no further difficulties,
aside from the typical 2L oil leaks, etc.

It's possible, however, that you have a mixture problem that is causing
the fouling.  Checking the fuel injection components/valve clearances
might not be a bad idea.

-John Barbera

'84 Spider

'87 Audi quattro