contrarywise

In a message dated 9/23/2002 10:08:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

>  There are more types of SUV, light
> truck, and minivans available than real sports sedans or cars. Sad ain't
> it? Coincidence maybe? Cause and effect anyone? Now I'm sure the American
> consumer is just choosing the SUV route because they like them better, and
> the fact that they CANNOT LEGALLY BUY the sports sedans available elsewhere
>
> has nothing to do with their buying decision.

I think you have it just the opposite of the fact.

There is no financial incentive for makers of sports cars to go to the
expense it would take to sell them in the USA, and by implication to our
Friends to the North, or to squander what is (to them) that most precious
commodity: showroom floorspace, when what the market wants is trucks.  You
can put any fancy items you want on your menu but they will still order
hamburgers.

I think the operational phrase would be critical mass.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA