more 1974 GTV questions

Greetings Alfisti !

A few more questions for the digesti:

I know this is probably an old thread but I never paid attention 'cuz I didn't have a GTV until now.

Is the front suspension on a 1974 GTV higher than " normal " due to some bumper reg's or something like that ? There is something like 4 or 5 inches of air between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender lip ( a lot more than my Duetto had originally, which is my only frame of reference ). Are there some additional spacers - or lack thereof - in there on the spring pans or something ? I'm wondering also because the springs I'm thinking of getting ( Dave Rugh ) are said to lower the car 1.5 " from stock height and 1.5" won't be enough ( at least aesthetically ).

Another question: I believe the car came with Spica shock absorbers from the factory ( please correct me if I'm wrong ). What did they look like ? What color were they painted ? Did they have a metal tube over the exposed rod like Koni's or did they have a rubber gaiter or bellows like Bilsteins ? Any distinct outer markings or stickers ?

Lastly, other than springs, shocks and sway bars does anyone have any other handling "secrets" they'd like to share ?

Ciao !

Dan Walker
67 Duetto
74 GTV