Re: Alfa shop manuals and reference material

Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:24:34 -0400
From: "John Hertzman" <johnhertzman@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Alfa shop manuals and reference material

Richard Welty writes "when the shop manuals cover a procedure they usually do
a good job of it. the trick is getting the right shop manual. in the absence
of a car disc, it's catch as catch can at swap meets."

I wouldn't disagree with this, or with his comments on the Car Disc CD, BUT
there is one other resource, wider than the discs or reprints and more
reliable than catch as catch can at swap meets, which one should know about.
AROC has a Technical Library (and a Technical Librarian). A list of the
library's holdings is published irregularly but fairly frequently in the Club
magazine "Alfa Owner". The Librarian will discuss a member's needs on the
phone and photocopy needed material at cost for the member. For many purposes
the Car Disc will be more convenient, if you have it, but the library holdings
extend to such things as shop manuals for the AR6 diesel truck and the
performance options catalog for the 6C 2500.

John..

Is the person listed in the back of the "Alfa Owner" for "Tech Materiel" the Librarian?
I'll go search the club web site for leads as well..

And, if they don't have a "77 Spider, California Version" wirinig diagram.. I'll be happy to provide a copy from my original owners manual.

Jon