Bugatti, JD and Alfas

Bugatti:

Yes, Bugatti is generally accepted as essantially a French marque (they
certainly tended to be raced in the French national racing colour, blue) but
I should have been a bit more specific. When the Bugatti name was
resurrected with the EB110, it was in Italy. Then Bugatti essentially died
again. Now Edonis is here. Whatever. I can't afford any of them and the
probably unuseable, anyways. Too fast for the road and totally unsuited to
serious track use.

I think that Dean's passenger saw the Ford and said to James Dean that he
hoped the Ford driver had seen them so the sun wouldn't have been the main
problem there. Dean was likely to have been driving way too fast.

Alfa Romeo: I finally brought the Giulia Super home. A nice run on a mix of
city and reasonably quick motorway-ish roads, most of it empty enough to
have fun, even with low compression on one cylinder. Of course, now, all the
crap that was piled up in the garage is now piled up in my dining room. GF
will enjoy that when she gets back on Monday....

I will be getting rid of loads of stuff to make room and money for another
motorbike so I am likely to be offering some or all of the following in the
near future:

complete 2.0 116 engine (broken exhaust manifolds other wise looks good.
haven't run it). I was going to rebuild this engine just for the hell of it
but I think I need the space. I may use the head for the Super's engine if
the existing head has a problem.

pair of Solex carbs. can't remember what they are but their off the engine
above.

pair of Dell'orto carbs from a 2.0 litre engine if my mate doesn't want
them.

propshaft to go with the above 116 engine (from a 1984 Giulietta)

unused carb mounts for the 2.0 litre engine

new clutch slave cylinder for 3.0 V6 75

4 or 5 original Speedline alloys from my 75. at least 2 of them are out of
round. I may investigate getting them refurbished. the reason I say 4 or 5
is that I use one as the spare.

that's all for now. if anyone really wants any of this stuff, lemme know.
I'm near Dartford, UK.

nk

outgoing mail scanned for viruses by Norton.