Re: Beating the dead horse: Alfa's non-return to the US

At Thu, 19 Sep 2002 20:53:09 -0400 (EDT) Richard Welty wrote
>Audi came up with competent marketing folks who actually understood what
>was needed to sell cars in this country. it probably helped that they had
>access to VW marketing folks who always understood how to sell cars in this
>country.
>except for exotics, italian cars are gone from this market. the marketing
>failure would appear be pretty comprehensive.

Surely it has been a marketing failure. But WHY did it happen just in USA?
I mean, even 3rd world is getting brand new Alfas. Alfas are sold in Oceania,
in Africa, in Latin America, in Europe.

The thought that comes up to my mind is that USA is a world by itself,
got its own cars, own system, own everything. Sayonara! If it's so
complex selling cars up there, let's go selling somewhere else!!!!

It's not just who sells there that gotta learn how to do it. IT's the
place that's a hell of a marketing mess. if it was me leading some
automitive marketing div, I'd take it as a personal challenge, or just
ignore the yankie market and live happier. Up to the amount of money I've
been assigned to invest around.

Luca

nodoubt,
"With dreams to be a king first one should be a man" Joey DeMaio
937, 75 Turbo, RM250

http://nvr2fst.supereva.it