badging

Yesterday, whilst standing in front of my office in Mountain View,
a black GTV6 drove by (Hope and Evelyn, in case you're on the list).
Appeared to be an '86 model from the body-color-below-the-rub-strip
and the wheels.  I noticed that there was a script-style 'Alfa Romeo'
badge on the hatch, left-hand side.

Is this badge original for the later GTV6?  The '81 & '82 cars ('83, too?)
had a sans serif block-style ALFA ROMEO on the right side, along with
a script-style gtv6 and 2.5 in block.  My '84 only has block style GTV6
and 2.5 on the right, nothing on the left.

Just curious...

james montebello