Re: 68-'69 Euro 105 brakes - problems?

Hi Bob,

the LHD and I assume RHD MC's run 2 circuits, one for the back and one for the
front (2 lines in and 2 out). It does this by having 2 pistons and springs in
a common bore. There isn't any room under the floor for a vacuum booster so it
sits inline on the brake lines under the hood where they're fed by a vacuum
hose of the back of the intake manifold (just like the later cars). I don't
know Corvairs but something similar might work there. There must be other cars
out there (e.g. aircooled VW Buses and Porsches) that use a similar system.

Mitch Wolberg,
Denver, CO
69 Berlina
69 Spider Jr.