Re; '68-'69 Euro 105 brakes - problems?

Quote;"Owners of RHD cars with two boosters seem to have constant
problems."

I have a RHD car with twin boosters and have only really had one problem with
them in 9 years of ownership, this related to sticking brakes caused by the
rubber elbows on the breather hose deteriorating with age and collapsing under
vacuum when hot, retaining the vacuum and keeping the rear brakes on. Of
course when I got this problem I didn't know that this was the cause, so I was
recommended to look at the master cylinder which I changed 3 times (first 2
reconditioned units leaked - now have a new unit) then I replaced both
boosters, all of the low pressure lines, fitted braided flexis, and so on. I
later found that it was just the little rubber elbow that caused the
problem.....

I now have a terrific set of brakes using EBC green Stuff kevlar pads in the
fronts and have done track days and several sprints and hill climbs with no
problems.

I think like most things if the system is well maintained it works fine.

Dave Jones
1600 GT Junior '76
Maldon UK