speedo

The speedo in my 73 GTV has just stopped working. It still clocks the miles,
but no longer tells me the speed. Every now and then it makes at attempt to
indicate speed, but then drifts back down to zero. Is there any way that I
can fix this? In case there is no hope, does anyone have any good condition
used gauges that they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price?
Thanks in advance,
Fraser