'79 Alfetta Sedan Project - Drive line "clunk"

The saga continues.  A clunk - as in thud against the rear area floor on gear shifts - has been diagnosed as a bad transmission mount to the dedion unit.  Can anyone tell me how to confirm this.  Under the car, nothing seems to have much play and I noticed BTW that the clutch slave comes unexpectedly close to the chassis.

If It is a transmission mount, how big a deal is it to change.  Appears that I would have to drop the front transmission crossmember.  How about the drive shaft?

Thanks,

Don