Re: Milano Heater control Questions

Christopher,
You make it sound so easy. If it was not too long ago for you to remember,
please tell us how. I had a letter someone sent to me detailing the method,
but during a reformat episode I lost all my old saved emails.
Where and how do I get into the console to undo whatever hidden bolts are in
there so I can slide it back? What else has to be loosened or removed to get
in it? What are the other places to undo fasteners to get at it? When I pull
the old unit out, how do I hook up the cables to the new (used) one with
there being ( I assume) no slack or room to work at it? In other words, what
else has to be pulled to do it all? I have a shop manual, but this is not in
there anywhere.
I also discovered the reason the p.o. had drilled a hole and brought the
cable end out so he could manipulate it from in front of the dash-he has
riveted the whole bottom rim of the dash to the frame behind it! So I get to
drill out all of his fancy work so I can do it right. Oh the joys....
Thanks for any advice or help (and words of encouragement)
John L
ps- dug or anyone else who has done this, please feel free to chime in!