Re: US Safety regulations

In AD V8 #1122 George Graves wrote:
>So, like I've said before, our bureaucrats have put the United States
>behind an "Automotive Iron Curtain" and we're likely to stay there.

Bureaucrats only implement the laws written and passed by Congress and
signed by the President.  If you're unhappy with the law, let your elected
officials know about it.  If they don't respond, vote them out.

It might be illuminating to investigate why the US still has these
restrictive laws despite many years of business-friendly politics.  It's
probably _not_ because the majority of congressmen hate the auto industry.
Maybe I'm just cynical, but I'd suspect that someone in a position of power
and influence benefits from the current situation and wants it to stay as
it is.

Dana