spider alternator upgrade help

Hey gang,
I'm sure this has come up before but can't seem to find much in the archives
about it. I'm restoring my 73 spider and want to change the alternator to a
higher output one with internal regulator. I read a post recently that the
Milano one will fit. John Ortakeles gave some good advice about using a cheap
GM pickup truck alternator which I would like to do IF it doesnt need to much
machining to make it fit.(In case i have to replace it on the road someplace.)
And I have no clue as to how to change the wiring from the external regulator.
Does anyone have a diagram, even just a general one? I have already started
upgrading the fusebox to the new blade style fuses, had to buy several generic
fuse blocks and glue them together with epoxy,and it will fit in stock
location and look really good.  I will give details upon request if anybody
wants to try it. Thanks!

Keith S.
73 spider