V6 Cam Belt Tensioner

	The 'Made in Canada' castings had been on these tensioners since the
beginning. This part was designed in the US by Fiat and built in Canada.

	Every one selling the same Alfa Mechanical tensioner ( IAP,
Centerline, all Alfa Dealers . ) It seems that sometime in the last couple
of years the quality has changed. The mechanical tension on this unit is not
what is used to be. Several V6 cars in town have bent valves because of
properly installed but failed mechanical tensioners. This damage has ended
up costing the owners thousands of dollars. I have at times been very busy
doing valve jobs because of the mechanical unit.

	On cars that I service and have been converted to the mechanical
tensioner, I always recommend going with the Zat unit. I have run this unit
on several cars over almost ten years with any issues. Yes it is not a
detensioner, yes it does not have the ability to compensate for temperature
change, but the motor can turn over backwards, this unit does not suddenly
lose tension, almost all cars with timing belts have from the factory a
fixed timing belt tensioner ( Would all of these manufactors install such a
trouble prone device, all most of these cars timing belts last 50-60k ? ).

	My personal Verde was purchased with bent valves because of a
mechanical tensioner failure. I have purchased a Zat tensioner for that car.
Of course this is my two cents.

	ANDREWG
	Houston, Tx
	82 GTV6 ITS #68