2 liter valve shims

One way of doing this is to get some shim stock in the thickness needed and
using a hole punch that is as close to the 9MM size of the I.D. of the shim
and place it inside the shim and place it over the valve stem. Good had shim
stock should work.

I've never tried this on an Alfa, but I have on pumps I used to work on.

Cordova Ralph
Ralph Fetsch
Cordova Tennessee
1991 Spider Veloce w/auto
1964 Giulia 1600 Spider

Esteemed Digesti,
It seems that Alfa's largest valve shim size made for the two liter is
.3500.
Two of my exhaust valves are requiring shim sizes of .3675 and .3545. The
result of this excessive gap is, of course, the cams, which are regrinds.
Has
anybody been able to find oversize shims? I know certain sources that advise

using the VW shims, but I have some trepidation about adding more mass to
the
valve train. The extra part seems unelegant if fatter shims are available. I

remain duly humble before the Digest.
Modelle in Somers Point

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]