Re: V6 cam belt tensioner

Perhaps the trick here is to use the actual Alfa mechanical tensioner
from the 164S, not whatever IAP is supplying these days.  The mechanical
tensioner on my GTV6 was put on by the previous owner about 20,000
miles ago, and has served me just fine.  Considering Alfa recommended
this as an upgrade for hydraulic tensioners, and I believe even issued
a technical bulletin on the subject, I'd be surprised if the mechanical
tensioners are inherently inferior to the hydraulic units.

james montebello