Re: Winter tires

>This from another Rockies  driver, also a survivor of "prairie" winter
>driving. Remember the original square tread Continental Contacts, well I
>bought a set. Phenomenal for the time. Since then I've used everything from
>Michelin through Nokian (formerly Nokia) Gislaved, Pirelli, to a set of
>bloody awful Toyos on my current Aero.

For oldie but goodie true winter tires, Semperits with studs were great.

Glad to hear agreement that the Blizzaches are junk !!

Haven't tried the Hakke Q's, but then, I _ALWAYS_ use studs, and the Q's
are studless. Nokia N-1's are awfully good on smaller vehicles, and the
NR-10's are hard to beat on larger stuff (talking WITH studs in both cases,
but both are also reasonably impressive without studs).

Hoping that Nokia gets their larger TRUCK winter tires DOT approved, SOON.
REALLY want a set of (6) 265-.70 R 19.5's for the 1310 4x4 and a set of
275-.70 R 22.5's for the motorhome--- (G load range , all) --and enough so
that the 1310 could pack a typical SUV (2 or 3 of them if crushed) around
on its bed, in winter conditions !!

Greg :-)