Re: 1600 Engine won't start

Most likely, you have the ignition timing 180d out, or you have the plug
wires on the wrong posts on the cap.  Double check that the wires are
on the correct posts (cylinder 1 is front-most, 4 is rear most).

If the wires are correct, pull the No.1 spark plug and the distributor
cap.  Rotate the engine until you're on the timing mark and you can't
see any valves down the spark plug hole.  Make sure the distributor
rotor is pointing at the No.1 plug, not the No.4 plug.

This is embarrassingly easy to do.

james montebello