Re: matching the original alfa red

Hello

I would like to have a 79 spider repainted in the original (1979) alfa red.

Apparently 2-3 years ago, the shop that performed the restoration
could not obtain the original red paint (the more "orange-red") and used a
brighter red.
Is this a common problem?

Hi Dan,

I've got 2 Alfetta GTV's at home, both AR501 red. They are very different colours. When I was buying the paint for the second one, the shop had 2 listings for AR501, but couldn't tell me which was the orange-er of the two unless they mixed them. It turns out I chose wrong :)

Josh
'77 Alfetta GTV
'79 Alfetta GTV
'79 Alfetta 2.0L