GTV trunk, seat differences

I was poking around in the trunks of my 73 and 74 GTVs yesterday. The 73 has
stuck-on sound deadening material (painted in the car's original color so I
guess it's original) all over the trunk shelf area, and rubber trunk mats,
while the 74 has no sound deadening at all in the trunk, and a kind of
felt/astroturf trunk mat that I've seen in other 74 GTVs and some Berlinas.
I imagine the later trunk mat material was cheaper, but anyone know why they
stopped putting in the sound deadening? A cost savings?

Also, the 73 has the "articulated" seats that slide forward on the tracks as
you tip the seat forward to get access to the rear seats. The 74 has
non-articulated seats.  Was that a feature of early 2000 GTVs phased out by
1974?

Andrew Watry
Berlina Register