RE: 10 year old anti-lock brakes

> In my experience, this is not as broad of a problem as has been
stated. It
> does seem that many Milanos have ABS issues over time. But, BMWs have
had
> ABS since around 1985, and the BMW list does not have the discussion
of how
> to disable or fix it that the Alfa list does. I have a 10 year old
325i
> which has perfectly functioning ABS.

The problem I have with the Milano ABS is not the fact that it might
fail, it's the mode of failure when it does.

If, when the ABS system simply dropped out when it failed, leaving me
with a normally functioning set of brakes (albeit without the ability to
not lock up), I could deal with that.

However, on the Milano, a failure of the ABS means you also lose a
significant amount of your braking force.  Along with a very hard pedal.

This, imo, is completely unacceptable!  Having a safety system that can
kill you when it fails is ridiculous!

bs