Re: new Alfas in the US

Sorry George,
Alfa 147 1.6 TS of course. Wrote that after the local club's monthly meeting
last night ...... "note to self - must learn to drink less beer!!"
Up until 2 weeks ago, we have only been getting the 2.0 in Selespeed here
which was nice in town but not my cup of tea. The new 5-door 147's have just
arrived and along with them came the 2.0 in manual. Will get a chance later
this month to drive that. Apparently it relieves the need to smoke anything.

Once a year the local club hires the race circuit here and we chase each
other around the track all day in our Alfas. This year the local dealers
brought out a couple of 147's for the guys to test on the track. The 147 1.6
TS is considered here as a girl's car suitable for the wife ...... Well on
that day, that little misunderstanding was sorted out forever. Even a few
seasoned racing drivers emerged from the car after a few laps with very big
smiles. Best time of the day was put up by a brand new Alfa GTV 3.0. Second
best time was a Alfa 147 2.0 Manual. 3rd, 4th, & 5th best times were classic
race cars and then 6th was a Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed. Quite an eye-opener
specially for the other race cars that were not even placed in the first 6.

Best wishes,
Bob
Cape Town, South Africa.