Oh yeah... Oil pump, oil pan

Now I remember... I had to drop the upper pan halfway (loose, laying on the
crossmember, but not out, like 1 inch lower than tight) to reach the upper
oil pump nuts with a wrench get the oil pump out.  I had to get the oil pump
out to get the upper pan to slide out the front.  Catch 22.
If your goal is just the pump, mebbe a distributor timing wrench, or a
wrench bent to look like one, would work to hold the upper nuts.
dan