RE: Gasket sealer questions

> I thought it was more than warrented on this car.  With it burning a
> quart every 100 mi or so,  it would seem that the PO's didn't change
> anything for a long time,  just kept adding...

No arguments with doing it on a car that is new to you, or if there is
reason to go poking around.  My comments were that I've never done it as
part of a routine oil change.

If you use a high quality oil and change it at the right intervals, you
won't get any sludge buildup, maybe just some of the coking on internal
surfaces.  Use a good synthetic oil and you won't get even that.

bs