SpeedVision/Antilock Brakes

I second George Graves lament regarding the old SpeedVision channel,
especially because "Lost Drive-in" is no longer aired.  Try finding most of
those bad biker movies at the local video store.
On another note, my wife's daily driver is a 88 bmw 325i with anti-lock
brakes.  While I have never had occasion to experience their actual
engagement, I can say that the brakes work very well.  My wife last year
mentioned that she was involved in one of those sudden traffic halts on the
freeway and the ABS kicked in and worked as advertised.  She knew to keep up
the pressure on the pedal and steer appropriately, and was glad to have them.
 Maybe we are lucky that they still worked after 10+ years, but maybe the
recent digest post was the first I had heard that they don't work after this
long.
Brian Ancelin
Denton, Texas
71 Spider (good brakes too)