Re: Alfa's racing on TV

The old SpeedVision, before they turned into NASCAR TV, used to run the European TCC. This was when Alan Menu and his Vauxhall Vectras reigned supreme. I HATE 'Speed' Channel. Hour after hour of NASCAR, EVERY DAY! And as if that weren't enough, the same programming is DUPLICATED on at least FOUR concurrent C-Band Fox Sports channels! If Fox has so many C-band transponders at their disposal, why didn't they just convert one of those to Speed Channel and leave SpeedVision alone? This year we at least have F1 and World Rallye Championship, but these are contractual 'leftovers' from SpeedVision, and I'd almost be willing to bet that as Speed becomes more and more NASCAR oriented, there will be less and less of other types of programming. As time goes by, it seems we get fewer and fewer choices.

George Graves

On Tuesday, September 10, 2002, at 08:20 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 23:45:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: Zamani Zambri <zzambrimail@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Alfa's racing on TV

Hi,

ALfa has always done well in the touring car race series. Among the
race legends of the '90s are the 155 GTAs, 155 TS and 155 V6 Ti. I
think last year, the Alfa 156 won the European TCC. Now they are
probably dominating the FIA TCC series again with the GTA body 156 2.0
TS 16V.

You won't find any coverage on cable or satelite TV for this type of
racing.

Zamani