Re: Alfa's racing on TV

Hello everybody,

Jon Pike wrote in AD V8 #1091:

"I keep meaning to ask..

Someone mentioned a while back some FIA racing where Alfa's were
appearing (and even doing well)  and I've been scanning the cable lately
but finding various rally events with no Alfas..

Any thing I should be looking for?  Or have I missed it for now?"

Jon, I guess it's the European Touring Car Championship (ETCC )
you're referring to.  The Alfa 156 works (Team Nordauto) drivers
Fabrizio Giovanardi and Nicola Larini are first and second after 7 of
10 races have been run.  The same two drivers scored a 1-2 in last
year's championship as well!  The remaining races are Pergusa (Italy)
22nd September, Donington Park (England) 6th October and Estoril
(Portugal) 20th October.

I went to see this year's race in Sweden, and it was really
spectacular, with very close racing.  Highly recommended!

More info at:

http://www.eurostc.com/

(LOTS of great action pictures there!)

Forza Alfa!

Regards
Jorn Bereng
Oslo, Norway

1985 GTV 6 (Summer toy)
2001 Alfa 156 Sportwagon 1.8 TS (Daily driver)