cracked bellhousing

Hi Rex,
In case no one has responded yet, I had a crack in the bellhousing near the starter on my spider about 10 years ago. At the time, I had my mechanic weld the crack shut with eng/trans in place, and it held fine for several years until I replaced it for cosmetic reasons.
This may not be as cheap as the Permatex stuff, but it's proven.....
Good luck
Chris Keen
Boston, MA
'77 spider in CA