Just by the by

From my admittedly unscientific mini survey (I talk to anyone who'll listen about this awful safety problem) almost no one seems to know that SUV/Minivans are dangerous. A well educated couple, good friends, guy's a car nut, was totally taken aback when I suggested his Ford Explorer had ZERO rollover protection.

Spread the word.

And, it is incontrovertible that the SUV/Minivan exemption from passenger car laws is an illogical and unjust discrimination against purchasers of passenger cars. Whether it is trade protectionism is a matter of opinion. I always concede others' absolute right to hold bad or totally unjustifiable opinions. Just don't tell me mine are unless you want to complete the argument, I'll just ignore you.

Cheers

Michael

(Sorry, Richard, but this thread is very important and relevant to current and future Alfa owners) (also, BTW, SAAB has ALWAYS been an opportunistic manufacturer, and a darn good one at that.)
Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
91 Alfa 164L