Re: alfa-digest V8 #1081

Chip, Fred Zimmermann is right on the three switches.  Plus, there is a
fourth switch on the heater control which turns on the regular turn signal
in one position and the 4 way flashers in the other.
Also, the oil pressure gage is a good indicator for when the oil is warmed
up enough to really drive hard.  Until the gage drops down to mid range at
3,000 RPM's (about 5 miles), the oil is still cold and you should go easy.
Blower motor:  power comes from #3 fuse thru the far right switch to the
motor and to the "heating" light on the dash.  If the "heating" light is
coming on, the motor is probably bad.  Check for power at the motor
connection.  2 wires, one power, one ground.  Check the ground too.  Jumper
12v to the power side.  Still no motor?  Change the bad motor.  Alfa put
these things in the bottom of the heater box where water gathers and rusts
them out and kills them.  While you have the box out to change the motor,
drill a drain hole in the bottom.  Better to have a wet carpet once in a
while that a dead blower motor.
Back up light:  Gets its power from the headlight circuit (the lights have
to be on for the back up light to work) and then thru a switch in the
transmission.  2 wires, one in and one out.
Dash lights:  Straight off the headlight switch and thru the left hand dash
switch.  Could be a bad ground.  That connects to the far left hand tach
hold down bracket stud with a thumb screw.  Maybe someone left it off last
time they had the tach out?
Skip
67 Duetto
Norfolk Va