re: Milano radio

"The radio in my '87 Verde has been behaving oddly lately.  It will work
for a while, then shut off, only to come back on in perhaps 30 minutes.
It seems to only happen in hot weather.  Yesterday, it went off at lunch
and has yet to turn itself back on.  Any ideas on what the problem
and/or fix might be? Any working Milano radios available out there, with
or without a known code?"

I'm all for keeping our beloved Alfas close to original & all, but
sheesh, it's a 15 year old Clarion tape deck!  Throw it away & buy a
nice new one.  While you're at it, replace all the speakers with some
modern units, your ears will thank you.  And no, you don't need to spend
a wad of cash to replace these items.  I've bought nice enough car
stereo equipment at Fred Meyer on more than one occasion.  An afternoon
should be all the time needed for this swap.

Ciao,

Zach

Redmond, WA