Re: 'Not going to pay a lot for this thermostatic actuator

Looks like I need a TA for the 79 Alfetta. IAP quotes $185 plus a $100

core deposit. Why do these things cost so much? Anyone know of more
reasonable sources?

Thanks,
Don

They are rare, no longer made parts, for a limited run of a small selling car, that stopped being sold
here 21 years ago?? (Spica injection, of course I don't mean Alfa in general)

Guess it dosen't get much more reasonable.. but there is a guy advertizing in the Alfa Owner, who will
sell one in stainless for $175 + the core.. non working cores accepable. He'll even sell you one w/o the
stainless capillary tube, if your core is usable, for $115, and no 2 yr guarantee.

Wes Ingram sells remanufactured ones for $158 + $25 core charge.

I have no experience or affiliation.. etc, etc...

Hope it helps.

Jon