DC area auto body shops- a list for you

Greetings Alfisti !
     This is for John, who asked about quality DC Area auto body shops. I
make my living renting cars in insurance replacement scenarios here; so I
cover a good portion of the northern VA area  and I'm in and out of various
body shops daily. Here's a list I've compiled based on quality of work,
relatively good price, previous restorations I've seen in their shops and
ease of working with the people. Here goes!

1. WT Auto Body Fairfax, VA  703.385.0018 Talk to Todd or Mr. Jo. This is a
Korean owned shop in Fairfax that does all of my rental car repairs. They are
fast; exceedingly thorough and prices are quite good. They do quality repairs
and are good people to deal with.First rate equipment used too.

2. D & V auto  body, Chantilly, VA - Speak with  Rob or Vena.703.478.9431.
CAR GUYS own the shop and work here. They did 2 hit and run accidents on
Alfie, my beloved 1987 Milano Gold. Paint matching/ panel repair/ overall QC
particularly good. They can and do rust repair (a lot of shops these days
will NOT.....FYI.) They are not cheap but  once cars leave their shop they
are right with a capitol R.  The shop is beside their home and both shop,
work and home are spotlessly clean. Vena (one of the owners) particularly
beautiful, knowledgeable, elegant beyond belief and an absolute pleasure to
deal with.

3. Quality auto Body Fairfax, VA-591-6090 Speak with chris. They do resto
work (saw a 53 Kaiser Manhattan than came in in pieces and left a trophy
winner.) They will tackle almost anything; and prices are reasonable.

4. Popes Auto Body, Fairfax,VA-Speak with Mr.Pope or Jasmine. This shop will
also tackle almost anything; and the owner is known to work in the shop
himself quite a bit. He's also a car collector with very ecclectic tastes.
His " collection" runs on average around 15 to 18 cars at a time. This shop
will not use filler unless they absolutely have to.Then, they seem to use it
in microscopic portions. Good  shop, great people to deal with. I like a shop
where the owner will work alongside to get a job done.

These shops listed above will do a very good job on the GTV-6. I've known the
people in these shops for a few years now and their work and ethics are
honest... Hope this helps!

Terry Akins
Alexandria,VA
1973 2000 Berlina (Bernie, just got a new coil.Daily driven and
1978 Alfetta sport sedan (fun machine !)
1979 Fiat X1/9 (Unnamed as of yet, waiting on title from Arizona.
Contemplating an engine/ trans swap, though. Any ideas????)
a bunch of bland transportation appliances called rental cars