Knuckle risers & alloy rims for Round-Tails - was - somethings different

In #1075 Dana Loomis quotes Andrew Watry who questioned some of his
facts: "...most if not all 1600 cars came with smaller calipers which
fit on steering knuckles with shorter bolt spacing. This raises a
question about whether 1600 rotors can interchange with rotors from
later models. I'm not completely certain of the answer.  I'll
investigate unless someone provides a definitive answer first, but bear
in mind that this swap may not work."

********
Okay, I sort of went along with Dana Loomis's inter changeability of
discs / calipers. Truth be out: The only pre '69 Round-Tail I've worked
on came to me as a semi-basket case. Much had been done to it, much had
not. The '67 vintage Duetto race car I received did have 'later' rotors
& calipers attached. It also came with Panasports (please note John H.:
'Came' with Panasports). Not a clue if it had knuckle risers from a
later Alfa. Obviously it had longer studs to support the Panasports.

Since I'm completely in the dark regarding knuckle risers, guess that
doesn't make me an authority on the subject.

Mr. Hertzman did once take me to task for installing later Spider
5-Stars on a '69 Spider. I think they look pretty darn good, mainly
because I'm a fan of Campagnolo 5-Stars. I will admit if they were
remotely available, the gravel (sand doesn't make that deep of hollows)
cast GTA rims would be most coolest on any Duetto / Round-Tail. If I had
all the money in the world, I'd have forged 108 mm (and possibly 98 mm)
15" x 6" GTA 'type' rims made, complete with bumpy exterior - sans
hubcaps or clips.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA