Help! Spider Wiring Diagrams

       Buy one of the reprints of the factory loose leaf manual.  Reprints
are available from IAP and several have been on eBay with prices dropping as
demand is filled.  They have more wiring diagrams than you will ever need, or
want to try to follow lines on.
       There are no relays in the starting circuit of the L Jetronic spiders.
       If your starter does nothing intermittently, it is probably the
ignition switch.  You can check that by hooking a remote starter button to
the starter, or by shorting across with a short screwdriver.  Although
getting any tool to the starter on an L Jetronic car is difficult.
       If the starter clicks, but does nothing else, it is probably the
solenoid.  The electrical contacts in the solenoid get burned and will not
make contact.  A sharp blow will often jar the contacts enough to make the
work.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City