To Balance or not to Balance

I just got my new piston and liner set and have found all pistons within
one gram of each other.  The connecting rods were found to be identical
upon inspection also.  My dilema is whether to have the crankshaft
balanced or just leave well enough alone.  Does anyone have any
experience/horror stories with regards to this?  This is my first Alfa
engine buildup.
A Savage
San Diego
1977 Spider