Re: Looking at 1991 164B

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Pinkowski" <bobpink@domain.elided>
To: <alfa-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, September 02, 2002 1:39 PM
Subject: Looking at 1991 164B

> I am trying to get an idea from fellow Digesters of what the
> following 1991 164B might be worth. Owner is open to an offer.
>
> 2 owners from new
> Black/Grey Cloth
> 5 speed
> 160k
> All records from new
>
> Overall car is basically in good shape with some of the usual 164
> things and overall I am interested in the car. Questions I have are:
>
> - Interior is quite dirty with broken glovebox door. A couple of the
> seat switches don't work, but everything else does.
>
> - Inner plastic fenderwell is work through on passenger side by
> pulleys. Missing driver side inner fenderwell plastic. Made me
> suspect accident damage, but car shows no sign of it otherwise and
> present owner claims none from either himself or previous owner.
> Gonna check Carfax.
>
> - Lots of recent work including all engine belts at 147k, R134
> conversion and has generally been well maintained by a dealer.
>
> Any comments are greatly appreciated.
>
> Bob Pinkowski
> 1991 164L
> --

Bob,

Would check CARFAX for accident damage, although it only picks up police
reports and insurance claims.

The window switches probably just need contact cleaner

Wear through on  the passenger fender liner is pretty common.

Only reason to remove the driver side liner is for horn, transmission
support, maybe clutch job or CV joint.

Generally, would not offer more than $1500-200o.

Don
.