Re: Towing

For what its worth, I recently used a dolly to tow my '74 GTV about 300 miles
on Interstate 80 at speeds up to 75 or 80mph.  Tow vehicle was a 1/2 ton
Dodge 4x4 pickup.  Most of the time I hardly knew the Alfa was back there.  I
originally planned to disconnect the driveshaft, but didn't get it done
before I left.  I stopped once to check the differential and tranny
temperatures.  The diff was hot, but I determined that was from the
positraction clutches working.  No damage was done.  It was a pretty cheap
and easy way to get the car home.

Erik Wood