Re: Milano problem - injectors may not be working

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralph Moorhouse" <ralphmo@domain.elided>
To: "Alfa Digest Post" <alfa-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2002 8:27 AM
Subject: Milano problem - injectors may not be working

> Need a bit of advice please.
>
> I've just replaced all the injectors on the Milano with rebuilt (& spec'd)
> units.  Other things done:  new fuel filter, new hoses for injectors.
>
> Problem: Car doesn't start & no evidence of fuel on spark plugs but fuel
is
> flowing through the fuel rail.  So it seems that the injectors are not
> injecting!   Battery is charged.  I would have expected (eternal
> optimist!!) that this would have been a "simple" replace the injectors &
> off we go!!!
>
> All and any ideas welcome.
>
> Ralph
> Houston, TX
> --

Ralph,

A few general suggestions:

1.  Fuel filter installed correctly
2.  Fuel pressure at the rail correct:  34-40 psi.
3.  (Other tests for the FPR and fuel pump but you must have the car running
to administer.)
4.  The testable electrical compoents of the EFI system are senors  or
solenoids.  Senosrs can be tested for continunity or resistance,
I have some test standards for the various Bosch system components that I
will be happy to send if you like.

Good luck.

Don