RE: FWD: SUVs Again!

Well said,Roger !!

And-- you don't even live in (real) mountains or a place with (real) winter.

Never seen anything quite as funny as how much the vision and driving
manners of various (not a minority there, so I can say it !!) non-Caucasian
drivers improved in San Francisco when I had occasion to be there driving
my old IH 1300 4x4 (1 ton) flatbed (equipped with an 8" channel iron front
bumper, frame mounted, of COURSE,  which sits at about the correct height
to can opener the roof off of an econo box)  Some of that time was with a
12x6 U-Haul behind the 1300, that made it even funnier !! The tare weight
of the 1300 is right AT  7K lbs, and it looks it. It can go as high as 13.5
or 14 K, loaded, no trailer, without beginning to waddle.

6.8 mpg, loaded or not, slow or sorta slow, city or highway, no matter.
Also enough traction and deep enough gears to "crusher" an econo-box
against anything solid enough (fire hydrants, concrete walls, etc.), and
also looks that part !!!

The whole experience was TRULY revealing about what a BS act the (apparent)
blindness and inability to drive of these thoughtless, pushy, mannerless
idiots is !! INSTANT KNOWLEGE OF ROAD MANNERS BECAME APPARENT WITH _ALL_
OF THEM !!! (Particularly when I feigned a maniacal grin !!) Good golly,
Miss Molly, what a revelation about basic human behavior !!!

Really makes me sorry that I never ventured into Manhattan with the critter
the one time it was close by there !!

Greg